Tuesday, November 22, 2011

BF



I forget if I told you this before, but when I lived in Philadelphia, I used to see Ben Franklin at the ATM. We didn't live too far from the Liberty Bell and there were tours and people in costumes and horses pulling carriages (don't get me started on that) and then there was old Ben. This particular BF was aggressively cheerful and pompous and not a quarter as smart as the real guy. He loved walking around,  full of himself, just waiting to be swarmed by fans. If you stood behind him in line and muttered "It's freezing.", he would look at you, put each hand on either of his lapels and, projecting to the back row of Carnegie Hall, bellow, Indeed!

I was thinking of this because I saw this picture this morning:
And I thought it looked like a nice warm hat. This appealed to me because my kitchen was like an ice box (Indeed!) I looked him up online and discovered the guy was a fountain of memorable quotes:

Never ruin an apology with an excuse.

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking.

Whatever is begun in anger, ends in shame.

To find out a girl's faults, praise her to her friends. (how dare you, Ben)

Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind, than on outward circumstances.

The list goes on and on. Try using one of these quotes today; I swear you'll be the life of the party.
Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment