Thursday, April 24, 2014

Reading Signs

Sometimes I try to pretend I'm a visitor in a weird place, which is odd because I already sort of am.
But I'm used to my routes and routines, and mostly I jog the treadmill without looking up. I imagine if I was in Kaslakistan or the Piazza de la Paletana that everything would be noticeable, even the toothpaste tubes and milk cartons. Obviously I can't do this for too long without feeling delusional, but it's a fun exercise to force myself to pay attention. Maybe if I think of having a quandary like being in a particular place I've never visited, it won't seem so overwhelming and difficult and defining; it'll just be a small and unusual town to pass through.



Check out this beautiful video my brother Beau made with some friends:






No comments:

Post a Comment