Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hmmm

Today while doing a little research for something I’m writing, I read the following: “We’ve all heard of the man who wakes up after a wild night in an ice-filled bathtub with a bloody stitched incision around his side and a note thanking him for a kidney”.

No. Not true. I haven't.

I did know someone once who blacked out on occasion. He sometimes drank until he fell off the stool he was sitting on; but who is the person performing a surgical procedure on him and then dragging him into an ice-filled tub. I haven’t heard of that guy either. Seems like a lot of work, but evidently the going rate for a human kidney on the black market is $91,000.

Still, how much brewing and stewing and planning before the guy said: OK I’ll do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment