Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hello Bessie


Last night we went to a party for my friend Holly's 50th birthday. I was going to start by listing all the beautiful and fun things about it but I think instead I should get to the point. There was a band and there was dancing. I am all for both of those things in theory. I love dancing; ask any of my kids who scream out Mom! on a daily basis. I can't get enough of it. But these bands with the Three Little Birds and the Hotel California. Come on. It's almost impossible. All the ladies run out with their turkey necks and Hello-Bessie arms* (* mo's expression for the part of your arm that flaps when you wave to your friend Bess)(and calm down, I'm talking about myself), they tilt their heads to the side and wave their arms up and down like butterflies. What other option do they have? I don't like getting pissed off at people who are dancing; but I can't help it, just like my kids when I--wait a minute.
It helps to have music that you can dance to. There was a time when a person could dance to Take the Money and Run but that window was small and has long since closed and been boarded up.

No comments:

Post a Comment