Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cheers, New Orleans!


I could probably post another photo from New Orleans that is a better representation of my visit, but this particular tag, which has been sprayed all over the city, got stuck in my head. How could you not love the person who thinks this way? It's not a typical slogan, but it's much more to the point than The Big Easy, which was a term musicians used to call a place that was easy to get work. I don't think it's a stretch to say that it combines tragedy with comedy, devastation with comfort, doom with perseverance,  and that, more than anything else, is the spirit of the place. Tennessee Williams would be proud.


Sorry, I know this song has been beaten with a stick from overplaying, but no one sings it better than this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment