Sunday, April 3, 2011

What Happens When I Try To Follow A List

(the screen is supposed to be black so just listen while you read)

Last night my Dad and I were talking about the paths your mind starts to take when you have so much time on your hands. It's not a good thing, especially if you're in the hospital recovering from a heart attack. We laughed about this. Nervously. I told him that he needs to make a list and check off each thing as he does it so that he doesn't stray into dark territory. My sister Brandy is a master of this, she writes a list every day and follows it. It's amazing what you can accomplish if you make a plan. I know that sounds so obvious and yet it's one of the hardest things for me to do.

This song starts with the same sound as the chime of a grandfather clock that my grandparents used to have in their living-room. (It went off at every quarter hour. I can remember being sick in bed, hearing the clock and thinking it's only been 15 minutes???) Then there is the brief gogo crazy musical intro, and then the quick zag into...RIDICULOUS(and by that I mean, FANTASTIC) SINGING! It seems like the perfect soundtrack to what happens when I try to organize my day. I can only have a plan, for so long before I start to veer off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment