Thursday, September 8, 2011

What's His Name Again?

People in my Life whose names I should remember:

The girl I used to ride the train to school with in 3rd and 4th grade who got on at either 52nd street or Overbrook. One time she cried all the way from school to the city, open mouth, head thrown back crying and she never did tell me what happened.

My english professor from my junior year who wore a black cape and smoked a cigarette in a holder. He was southern and taught a comparative literature class about Faulkner and Shakespeare.

A babysitter from 5th grade who watched a scary movie of the week with Pete and me and then when we got scared re-enacted the more horrifying scenes with funny voices.

Mo's first preschool teacher who was amazing and then left in the middle of the year because she got a better job somewhere else.

The midwife who delivered Darla and Harry.

My philosophy professor who, at a meeting after class to go over a paper, offered me a glass of wine at 3 in the afternoon and when I said No thanks, said Oh come on, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment