Friday, February 17, 2012

Open Letter To a Ticket Person


(you do not deserve this song)

Dear Ticket Lady Who Pulled Up Behind Me Like A Shark and Told Me to Move Out of the Drop-off Zone At School Even Though No one Was Behind Me and I was Just Looking up the Address of Where I was Headed and Who Then Wrote a Ticket to the Dad who stopped in the Red Zone to Let his 10 Year Old Daughter on Crutches Get Out Closer to the Front Entrance,

   I hate you so much.  Just when I thought I was through with Ticket People and was beginning to feel utter indifference towards you and your kind, you have to make an evil cameo appearance and rejuvenate my rage. I don’t know what it is about you. Is it your self-righteous tattle-tale-iness? Is it that you remind me of all the things I don’t have: enough money, a house/life in the country where ticket people don’t exist. Or is it just that you’re mean and ugly and ignorant and are ready to accept that about yourself without making any effort to a better, happier and more peaceful existence. I have one word for you: Boo!

Sincerely,
Deirdre Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment