Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Evolution

We got a frog. I mean, I should say our neighbor Dallas gave us one. I mean, I should say he gave me one because who else is going to feed him, clean the tank and sing to him when he's staring (sadly) from across the room. Dallas texted me "Does Harry want a frog?" and I texted back "HELL NO". Then I sent it 3 times so he could catch my sentiment. I have a strong feeling about animals in cages or tanks: IT'S WRONG. This goes for every animal, even hamsters, guinea pigs, turtles, and birds, especially birds.

I started to write the above post exactly one year ago. We still have the frog (his name is Bubbles, in case you're wondering) and I still have the same opinion about animals in cages, but, there you have it: just another paradox I have learned to live with. It's weird the things you can get used to. Some people have a stronger resolution than others. Some people can get used to unhappy relationships, addictions, affairs, financial woes, even actual physical pains, and just leave it at that. Everyone can adapt; it's built into our genetics. Some of us are better at it than others. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but sometimes I look at Bubbles and then I look at myself, and I have to wonder.



No comments:

Post a Comment