Wednesday, October 16, 2013

On Finding Motivation Where You Can



As usual I'm driving. There's a kid to my right with headphones on and another kid in the back with earplugs. I'm listening to the radio. A guy whose voice sounds like it is right in my ear says Do you like to pump with confidence? I have no idea what he's talking about, but my mind goes to a very specific place. "Yes", I think, "I do like to pump with confidence". He goes on to describe something, whatever he is advertising, and he uses the expression pumping with confidence about seven more times. "You need to be pumping with confidence!" "I feel proud to be pumping with confidence". I look to the kid on the right and then to the one behind me, neither one of them is hearing what I'm hearing. I don't know if this guy is talking about sex or gas or breast-milk, but somehow I feel he is talking directly to me. "Whatever you are doing, you need to do it with confidence". That's my thought for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment