Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Thoughts I had Waiting in Front of the Toaster. Part 2

Here's Part 1

-I think it might be my best friend's birthday today.
-Out of 20 years I think I may have remembered 8 times without any prompting.
-Once I even got the month wrong.
-It's weird that we are such good friends.
-I mean of course there are 100 reasons.
-But we hardly ever see each other.
-Although it feels like we see each other every day.
-I remember the first day that I met her. I remember standing back stage by the curtain when we were in a show together. I remember the bar down the street from her old house and meeting in the driveway at my mom's house late one night. I remember the 8 foot bear she bought my daughter knowing we had to take a plane that day. I remember going to a weird country fair in Connecticut and that her boyfriend turned olive green after going on a ride. And that even though he was really sick and shaken and even a little bit frightened, we both openly laughed at him.
-I remember calling her up to ask if it was her birthday, and her doing the same to me.
-How do I remember all those things, but not the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment