Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'd like to speak to the Manager

Today I read a headline that said “Unruly passengers cause two flights to change course” and I thought to myself, oh now what, and took a look at the article. Turns out the passengers were making bomb threats after the plane was in the air. I had to pause. I don’t know if I would call that unruly behavior. Unruly is a ten year old shooting spitballs during math class. A kid you grab by the back of the collar and march down the hall to the principal’s office. Isn’t it? I read the rest of the article; there was no further detail about the passengers. Nothing to make you think:oh they were drunk and pissed off that they couldn’t get an extra pillow. Or a bag of nuts. I mean if that’s what really happened (that’s what the word unruly implies) shouldn’t there have been mention? So really then, what is the point of the article? Why did I need this information?

I have three children, two jobs, two dogs, a cat, ferris wheels, a marching band, deadlines, fog horns, schedules, chainsaws, church organs and enough distractions that trigger every possible emotion on an hourly basis. Can’t whoever it is that’s dishing out this sort of news get an EDITOR?

And speaking of airplanes, I listened to a guy on the radio yesterday say that all the extra security at the airports now is an invasion of our privacy and rights as free citizens. What? What good are privacy and rights when the airplane you are in is flying into the side of a building? Full body xray and anal cavity search? I am in.

No comments:

Post a Comment