Thursday, September 13, 2012

An Agonizing Library

I just saw a title in a blog I love: An agonizing library of mental replays. I have one of those! Actually I wouldn't have one that was quite so organized and well maintained if I didn't have children, in fact I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have one at all if I didn't have children. I would have "an unusual library of funny feelings when I see someone who I may have had an odd exchange with".

Oh hi Mrs. Periwinkle (wait why is she looking at me like that).

You told her to "Slow the F down" last week when I was skating in the street.

I did not say F.

Mom you did.

To Mrs. Periwinkle?

I don't think you knew it was her.

Well she must have been going at a good clip then.

And she didn't stop at the stop sign.

See?

(sadly shakes his head)

I'm sure she doesn't remember. And plus don't look at me like that, I probably saved your life.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Exactly! And my children are just getting to that age where they can add to my library of guilt...

    ReplyDelete