Monday, September 17, 2012

Oh Shit, It's You

Occasionally I wake up in the middle of the night and see odd animal/human creatures at the end of my bed. I say occasionally like it happens once every other week or so but really, in my entire life, it's only happened about 5 times. That's probably five times too many, but still. It first happened when I was about 8: I saw a dog. He wasn't wearing an outfit or carrying a toy, but he did have a sort of human face; and it didn't scare me so much as it shocked me. It shocked me the way a jerky friend might if he jumped out from behind the door as I was walking in. I gasped, my heart pounded but then I immediately recognized: Oh shit, it's you.

Go away.

I remember telling this to a therapist once and then I remember her being quiet for a while before saying, Maybe you have an unresolved issue that needs to be dealt with.

I'll say.

You can always dig a little deeper. You can always find parallels or symbols, but sometimes it just is what it is. I'm starting to realize that there are certain things that just can't be explained. And I am getting better at accepting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment