Thursday, September 20, 2012

I Don't Ever Wanna Feel Like I did That Day


If you can't see this vid, click on the title, A Walking Carnival, up above.

Every once in a while I'll wear a hat and then I forget I'm wearing it and then about 2 or 3 hours in to this hat wearing, I'll start feeling uncomfortable, slightly odd, like a headache is approaching, a headache like a lone man on a horse in the desert way far off in the distance. And then, for one reason or another, maybe I have an itch, I take off my hat, and oh my god, I have instant relief, the discomfort has instantly vanished, everything flows gently and peacefully back into place. It was the hat! 

I have something similar happen occasionally with a line from a song, I'll start hearing a particular lyric in what I think is just a random selection of all the lyrics from all the songs in the library in my head, and it plays on a steady loop until I've had just about enough of it, until I'm forced to go to the source, to the whole song, and listen to it all the way through and suddenly the words hit me in a way that I've never thought about before and it feels like a piece of a puzzle has been found. What's weird is that it's usually a song that I didn't think I really had an connection to.

Does that ever happen to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment