Friday, September 27, 2013

Large and In Charge

I was at a stoplight yesterday and I looked over and there was a little kid, probably around 4, walking down the street. It wasn't so strange, her mother was a little ways behind her, but what struck me about her was that she had her hands in her pockets. If you know kids, especially any under the age of say 6, you know that generally they do not walk down the street with their hands in their pockets. She looked like an Italian man walking down a Brooklyn street in the 1940s on his way to the cheese store: cocky, contented, a little contemplative, with a full agenda for the day. I loved her so much. I loved her because she reminded me of what it's like to decide to do one simple thing that, even if you're just a tiny little person, makes you large.


Jungle - Platoon from Jungle on Vimeo.
This isn't the girl I saw. She's 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment