Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rivalry

I was helping Harry write a paper about Dr. J and we found this photo. These guys are not messing around. There's no elbow, there's no tripping or hip check. There's no off court bad mouthing or posting of tweets. These guys are going straight for the jugular. The jugular! Two of the greatest players in the history of basketball are trying to kill each other!!!!!!! (I wish I could record the voice of a 10 year old boy screaming out that last sentence, but you'll just have to imagine)

It got me thinking about rivalry. How it's sort of become old fashioned. There is a newer version, I guess, but at its core is disrespect. No one wants to kill each other anymore, they just want to sit in a chair and talk about how stupid the other guy is.

No comments:

Post a Comment