Monday, January 2, 2012

The Year of Deadlines

I am not good at making plans. Actually, that's not true, I'm great at making plans; I'm just not good with the follow-through. In fact, I'm a plan-making machine. I even know how to plan to make plans. I can do this with my eyes closed. I was going to write a list of all the things I'm going to do this year, but then I got to thinking, since this might be the year the world ends, I'm going to make this the year of the deadline. I'm going to make myself complete three things; three things that have a beginning, middle and end. Have I cursed myself by making this announcement? No. I will not be distracted. I have studied the top three things that I have never had to plan for:

-love my children
-drink coffee
-walk the dogs

And the main thing that all of these things have in common, is that I have never been so distracted that I have been unable to follow through. Almost, but never completely. These are things I do without an endless barrage of questions, doubts or worries. I am going to apply that same focus to my three deadlines this year. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment