Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Elevating Trivial


In case you were wondering, yes there is a guy who will sharpen your pencil for you if you send him $15. He will sharpen it by hand and, depending upon his mood or the time of day, with a specific technique, or a slight variation thereof. (I just said thereof, possibly for the first time in my life!). He will then mail it back to you along with a plastic baggie filled with the shavings and a signed certificate verifying that it was done by hand

Yeah.
And when I say yeah, I don’t mean “Psh”, I mean it as an answer to another question you might be having which is “Do I really live in a world where this happens?”
Yes you do babe!
This made me think of a few things that I've been thinking about lately:
-Nothing is trivial if you put your heart and attention on it.
-It's not about what you do, but how you do it that matters.
-You need to slow down to appreciate this.



No comments:

Post a Comment